|Membership of UK-IDF is open to any
organisation, company or individual in the
UK who has a connection with or interest in the dairy sector,
and currently includes representatives from dairy trade and
producer organisations as well as academic
and research establishments.
Application for membership:
here for on-line application form
Benefits of Membership
are a wide of benefits available to UK-IDF members.
We offer three types of
- Principal for main organisations representing
producers and processors.
- Supporting for companies/organisations which
do not directly represent producers or processors.
- Private for individuals or small companies/organisations
which do not directly represent producers or processors.
The annual subscription rates are:
For this amount you will
- One UK-IDF Newsletter. This is normally issued shortly
after the World Dairy Summit and features reports on the main
items that were of interest during the Summit. Extra editions
may also be produced as necessary.
- Regular updates of the IDF Publications which have been issued,
and the reports that have been received from UK-IDF representatives
who have attended meetings on our behalf.
- Information on forthcoming IDF meetings and, also, various
symposiums or seminars that are being held by other companies
which might be of interest.
- Information about the annual IDF World Dairy Summit. You will
be sent full details about the event, including details of the
speakers who have been booked for the conferences and symposia,
the technical trips that have been arranged and information on
the practical arrangements, such as how to register, and the arrangements
for travel and accommodation.
- You will also be invited to the UK-IDF Open Day. This features
a series of presentations from speakers who are actively invloved
in the work of IDF and / or the UK National Committee. It
is normally combined with a visit to farm or research establiahment
or processing site that will be of interest to the participants.
Also, as UK-IDF members,
you are entitled to a 10% discount on the published price of all
IDF publications. These normally take two forms:
- Bulletins - these comprise articles approved by IDF or short
monographs or proceedings of IDF events.
- Special Issues - these are either monographs written by a group
of international experts or the proceedings of an international
symposium or seminar.
The full list of publications that are available
can be viewed on the IDF website at: www.fil-idf.org